June 8th, this day in history.
Milestones in history that occurred on June 8th.
Secretary of State William Jennings Bryan resigned over what he viewed as President Woodrow Wilson’s overly bellicose attitude toward Germany following the sinking of the RMS Lusitania.
The U.S. Supreme Court ruled unanimously that restaurants in the District of Columbia could not refuse to serve Blacks.
A merger was announced between the National and American football leagues, to take effect in 1970.
Authorities announced the capture in London of James Earl Ray, the suspected assassin of civil rights leader Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- To Country: United States
- From: 92570
- User Alias: PostalBee
- Posted On: 6/8/2021 8:29:30 AM
- Expiration On: 7/8/2021 8:29:30 AM
- Last Modified On: 6/8/2021 8:29:30 AM
- Category: Advice, Hints, and Hacks